Tuesday

Secular Musicians Who Changed to Gospel

It is so sweet to trust in JESUS that we sing for Him and His FATHER instead of other things like Money, success, enmity, hardships, abusive contempt, victory, separation, conflict, pleasure, fame, etc. Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts - murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander (Matthew 15:17-19). Why should I sell my soul to Lucifer to gain worldwide fame in music yet GOD gave him his abilities? Satan does not distribute talent. We are GOD-made, not Devil-made nor self-made; power and glory belongs to GOD alone, now and forever. JESUS said: Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before My FATHER in Heaven (Matthew 10:32). Honour GOD with your heart, not just lips! An invisible but seemingly angry hand slammed my Senior 4 desk one early evening as I revised my notes alone in class while singing "Sweetest Taboo" by Glamma Kid ft. Shola Ama (released the preceding year); I stopped immediately and never sang that song again though heard it several times after that sunset shock. Many former Devil worshippers report that the Devil is the Best Musician. Well, cherubim angels sing and since GOD anointed the king of Tyre as a guardian cherub (in Ezekiel 28), then arguably the Devil is rated super multi-platinum. Nasty, impure, bad-mouthed songs he inspires sound sweet and sometimes intelligently poetic, but are very poisonous and toxic underneath. Without pride and the desire to be worshipped, he could have entertained his Maker forever. Jose Chameleone's song "Kipepeo" is the Most Repulsive Music Video I have ever watched; Ex-Satanist Allan Kasirye called it the Devil's anthem (though I appreciate other fairer songs from Chamili). I strongly believe Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) and self-censoring stations should ban the music video of "That's What I Want" by Lil Nas X; it is so devilishly misleading! Jay-Z (probably in Depeche Mode) once said: Music is a soundtrack to life. It records what humans go through, but we can cut out the fleshly (or worldly) part and focus on GOD instead. It was Carman's song "Serve The LORD" (released in 1993) that made me give my heart to JESUS on Tuesday 2nd December 1997 after singing in a Roman Catholic school chapel choir during S1; had never heard that song for 4 years. As an Anglican, I quit the Catholic choir without apologies: Why sing in the chapel yet my mouth was foul when outside? My mother used to warn me that she might call Kony to cut out my tongue because of the disrespectful things I said. Felt rotten inside plus hellbound and so like a cabbage, I silently tried to read the entire Bible (Had only finished the Book of Proverbs in Primary 7); wanted to figure out what was really wrong inside me. Around P4, I had wanted to grow up and form a music group like Boyz II Men with my streammates Ogwapit, Ntaki and Rokani. I knew very many secular songs. A Senior 2 classmate named Mukasa (whose parents went to UK and abandoned him in UG) actually told me that I got saved from vulgar language; even stopped singing some songs eg "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio. You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, "You shall not murder, and anyone  who murders will be subject to judgement." But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgement. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, "Raca," is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, "You fool!" will be in danger of the fire of hell (Matthew 5:21-22). What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them (Matthew 15:11). I said, "I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth while in the presence of the wicked (Psalm 39:1). Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips (Psalm 141:3). Sin is not ended by multiplying words, but the prudent hold their tongues (Proverbs 10:19). Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of GOD, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice (Ephesians 4:29-31). The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one's life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell (James 3:6). Vulgarity is the language spoken in Hell; you cannot expect heavenly angels like Gabriel nor Michael to sing about indecent themes. Some preachers teach that you cannot play worship songs on a romantic date, but neither do they quote from Song of Songs in their sermons; which is more sacred? It's a Catch 22: Lust or passionate love between a man and woman is still viewed as taboo unless it involves marriage. Not every thought is meant to be uttered as lyrics. I have not been as blameless as Job since becoming a Savedee (and even composed a reconciliatory Ugandan reply to a secular American breakup song in Twenty10 because of what I had witnessed), but pray GOD cleanses me everyday as I fight the whispers and trials of Lucifer until I leave this Earth. With text-to-video Diffusion Transformer (DiT) models such as Google Lumiere and OpenAI's Sora, the future is very bright for praise and worship music videos. Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to JESUS: Teacher, rebuke Your disciples! "I tell you," He replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:39-40). If we keep quiet, music-generating AI will worship GOD without ceasing. Below are some artistes with crossovers:

UNITED STATES

Al Green

Dionne Warwick

Josh Caterer

Kanye West (JESUS Is King album)

Little Richard

Ma$e

MC Hammer

Michelle Williams (from Destiny's Child)

No Malice (from Clipse)

Wanda Jackson...


NIGERIA

2Face Idibia

Banky W.

Chidinma Ekile

Chris Okotie

Ebenezer Obey

Mercy Chinwo

Nathaniel Bassey (Saxophonist)

Obiora Obiwon

Sonny Okosun

TY Bello (from Kush)...


GHANA

Grace Osei (formerly Irene Logan)...


KENYA

Amani

Bahati

Bamboo

Bruz Newton

Cannibal the Chosen

CeCe Sagini

Collo (from Kleptomaniax)

DNA

DNG

Juliani

Kenny Saint Brown

Lady Bee

Marya

Mr. Googz

Namtero Mdee

Size 8 (aka Linet Munyali)

Wahu

Willy Paul...


UGANDA

AK47

David Lutalo

Desire Luzinda

Gabbie Ntaate

Grace Nakimera

Lena Price

Mowzey Radio (from Goodlyfe Crew)

Pato (from Ngoni)

Ruyonga


WEST NILE (Northwestern UGANDA)

J. M. Kennedy

Ningoman from Muni

Tonda from Kenya Zone

Young Pee in Sudan Zone...


What's the 411?

Get bornagain or die repenting!

At the Y-Corner, either you go left or right...

Kanyimbe, nyimbira YESU... (Bebe Cool)

GOD is great...

We look to YAHWEH...

Hosanna, halleluJAH...

JESUS is the Way!


(CC) YESU Magazine