Monday

Fools’ Paradise

April 1st, is like a birthday to me because sometimes I consider myself a fool for failing to achieve certain things in the time GOD has granted me on earth. Fools imagine that they can live long. Luckily I’m still alive, thank GOD! We are all the same people, right? So why can’t I do what you do? Why is success hard to come by at an early age? Easy, ask Aaliyah, Fabregas and other young stars…During the midnight hour on Fool's Day, I was watchin’ The Last Days of Lisa Lopes (TLC’s Left Eye) on MTV Base and was really hit by her down-to-earth soulfulness depicted in her final documentary where she was holidaying in Honduras, “Everyone [including supernova-like human stars] has their problems.” It’s amazing how she could sense that the Spirit of Death was chasing her…but she chose to move forward. That’s what probably killed her though it was also a very great attitude. I’m not saying that her unexpected accident was totally avoidable if she had listened to me but that we all have premonitions; paying keen attention to them can save your life.

I almost died twice on campus (2003-6). Focusing my attention to eluding death somehow saved me. I took time out to stop doing what I wanted and rested under GOD’s wings. We cannot keep moving forward all the time, we need to stop at the traffic lights and stop signs. As the saying goes, too much of anything can be bad…think twice, we need to bow down and ask the Creator for direction.

“Tonight rich man, your soul will be called up for Judgement.” According to one hadith in Islam, everybody’s life on earth is numbered between their eyes. Adam had 1000 but because he wanted his descendant David to live longer than 40 years, Adam’s death was brought forward by about 30 years. If you knew how long you would live like Idi Amin Dada, you would probably try to act reckless but GOD hides those truths from us. So live your life like a wise coward who ironically doesn’t fear death but doesn’t want to die young either, because some malicious angel is watching…