Monday

Sports TV

Thank GOD Ugandans will cease to feel bored after the English Premiership hibernates every May to August. For 24 hours and 7 days a week, we will be able to watch live and recorded classic sports events from seasons gone by. Affiliated to Setanta Network from the UK for the next 10 years, the Sports TV broadcaster will surely take me down memory lane to the times during my childhood when watching telly was better than eating food. No wonder I became a skinny idiot but I don’t give a damn. It’s in the Game!


If you don’t know the directions, ask and you won’t get lost…Ask me why I say so! I had always seen an overhead sign reading ‘Sabrinas’ opposite Kampala Pentecostal Church but never bothered to find out if that was the hyped red light pub (among my peers) second to the media hyped ‘Capital Pub’ in Kabalagala. It just did not look like a pub to me. So when the inter-school hip hop competition was slated for some laid back Saturday in 2007, I boarded a taxi heading to Bwaise and Kawempe since I knew that was where Bombo Road extended not knowing that this other Sabrinas I used to look down on was actually at the point Bombo Road joins Kampala Road or Ben Kiwanuka, whatever. Hoping to find Sabrinas Pub in Bwaise, I asked the conductor to alert me when we reached but got shocked to hear from his dazed countenance that I had left it in the city. In order not to appear lost, I just took the ride beyond the Northern By-Pass and disembarked near a Kawempe Market. Of course, I had to spend double coming back to the city but I took it as a lesson learned. Ask when you don’t know; the same applies in academics and spiritual matters…